The Rascal lives up to its name – it is a sleek looking machine that is mischievously fast, nimble, and adept. Think capability and playfulness in both ascend and full send mode. Our vision for the Rascal was to deliver a confidence-inspiring and ultra-versatile mountain bike in all applications. The Canfield Balance Formula suspension is the heart of every Revel bike, which maximizes the amount you pedal in the sweet spot. The Rascal is a fast and capable mountain bike in a sleek package that you can ride every day, regardless of terrain.
The Rascal is available in several different price points to keep you on budget and save some dough for future mtb trips. Pictured here we have the XO1 Eagle kit which consist of Rockshox high end ultimate series suspension, SRAM XO1 drivetrain, and Enve Carbon bars. With this build you get Revel’s bump absorbing RW30 rims and you have the choice to upgrade from 1/1 series to Hyrda series hubs as this rider has done.
What makes this bike so good you ask? The suspension design in on another level! CBF focuses on designing around the Center of Curvature (CC) and balancing that with the Instant Center (IC). Until now, most suspension systems have focused solely on the IC. CBF points the chainline and drive forces directly into the IC throughout 100-percent of the travel by balancing the CC over the chainring, resulting in maximum pedaling efficiency, regardless of where you are in the travel, what terrain you are on or what kind of power you’re putting down. All the power you put into the pedals propels you one direction–forward—allowing the suspension to do its job completely independent of drivetrain and braking forces, and making the sag setting much less important. When Revel first rode the largely-unknown CBF system, they knew it was something special, and Revel knew they could make the best riding carbon mountain bikes using this magical formula.
- Frame – Revel Rascal 29″ 130mm Travel
- Fork Options– RockShox Pike Ultimate RCT3 140mm (options available at checkout)
- Shock Options– Rockshox Super Deluxe Ultimate (options available at checkout)
- Headset – CaneCreek 40-series IS42/IS52
- Wheels – RW30 Industry 9 1/1 carbon Wheelset (upgrade available at checkout)
- Tubeless– Stans No tubes Single shots x2
- Tires – Maxxis Minion DHF 29″ x 2.5″ EXO Front, Maxxis Aggressor 29″ x 2.3″ EXO Rear
- Bar – ENVE M6 Carbon 31.8mm x 780mm or Why Cycles Titanium Handle Bar (upgrade available at checkout)
- Stem – Truvativ Descendant 31.8mm x 40mm
- Post – Crank Brothers Highline 7 or 2020 Rockshox Reverb Stealth 1x 31.6 x 150mm, 175mm or 200mm (options available at checkout)
- Saddle – Ergon SM10 Standard Black
- Shifter – SRAM X01 Eagle
- Brakes – SRAM G2 RSC
- Rotors – Avid Centerline 180mm
- Rear Derailleur – SRAM X01 Eagle
- Chain – SRAM X01 Eagle
- Cassette – SRAM X01 Eagle 10-52
- Crankset – SRAM Descendant Carbon DUB 170mm
- Bottom Bracket – SRAM DUB Threaded
- Grips – Ergon GE10 Black
- **Specifications Subject to change without notice**